Saturday, April 21, 2012

Paris overnight-help with itinerary for 5-6 hrs on Sun eve

I will be overnighting in Paris. My plane arrives at 3:30pm and doesn%26#39;t depart until 8:30am next morning. I have reserved Marriott at the airport to spend the night, but would like to see some sights in Paris. There is a total of 5 people, one is a senior and tends to walk slow. Few questions.





1.Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from airport to hotel?





2. How doable is the RER for us? If I want to check my bags first, would I have to return to the airport to get the RER?





If all goes well, and the lines aren%26#39;t huge for customs, I hope to be in Paris city center by 6pm.





3. It will be on a Sunday eve, I am debating whether I should take a taxi into the City and maybe getting on one of the hop on / hop off buses and doing an evening Seine cruise. Can that be done, is it advisable? I think these buses stop running around 8-8:20 pm. I would then get dinner and then the Seine cruise?





4. Or should I just hire a car and driver to take us around- definatly more expensive, but considering the limited time, it may be worth it?





Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!




|||



1. There are shuttles to hotels



2. Forget the RER if you have a person with a walking weakness. Get a cab. 5 people in a big cab will not cost much more than RER or bus.



3. I would not recommend the on/off bus either.



Get to the river, and take a cruise on the Vedettes du Pont Neuf at Square du vert galant near Pont Neuf.



4. This is the best idea. More expensive yes but diver can take you to best places, you can take photos, no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment