Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cassis or St Malo (Cancale)

I%26#39;m really stuck here, so thought I would ask for help. I%26#39;m planning to hit a fairly remote beach for a break after a 6 day trip to Paris with a friend. But I can%26#39;t decide whether to go to St Malo and stay in a hostel in Cancale or fly to Marseilles and go to a little hostel outside of Cassis. Both trips would be about the same price.





What I%26#39;d like is simply fantastic scenery, great swimming, not a lot of crowds, safety (e.g. subdued people at a hostel--I%26#39;m younger, but I%26#39;m travelling alone), maybe some sightseeing/historical sites. Basically somewhere to relax.





Hostels: Hi Hostel Cancale





Hi Hostel Cassis (La Fontesse)





Any suggestions??





---------



Cross-posted to Cote D%26#39;Azur, France forums




|||



I wuld say that you are unlikely to find a lack of crowds is either destination as both are busy, popular tourist spots. Cancale is very pretty, but it is a fishing port and surrounded by oyster beds, so I do not know how great it is for swimming.





There is a lot to do and see around Cancale, St. Malo and Mont St. Michel and further afield are Dinan and Rennes.





Bare in mind the sea will be much warmer in the South than the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment