Saturday, April 21, 2012

Train experts, need quick help

Hello,



I apologize for not speaking French regrettably. However, I have a quick question.





I need to leave from Beaune to Munich on the evening of 22.09.2009. It seems there%26#39;s an overnight train from Metz Ville to Munich. Additionally, I can get TGV PREMs fare from Beaune to Metz Station. However, I%26#39;m not sure if DB%26#39;s %26quot;Metz Ville%26quot; is the same station as TGV%26#39;s %26quot;Metz Station%26quot;. I%26#39;m assuming it is, but with only a 40 minute connection, I don%26#39;t want to change arriving at the wrong station.





I wanted to post this in the Metz forums on Tripadvisor, but they have no activity on their forums so I thought this was second best.





Thanks so much in advance!



Regards,



Brian




|||



Yes it will be the same station - I assume the TGV site thinks they are being helpful by translating Gare to Station. Although a busy station, and worth looking at for its architecture, a 40 minute connection time should be fine.




|||



Thanks so much.





Can you elaborate just so I can keep my sanity. You said the French site translated Gare to Station. However, the German site says %26quot;Ville%26quot;, does that mean Station in German; I think that word is bahnhof.





I just want to make absolutely sure that TGV and DB are referring to the same station.





Thanks so much.




|||



Ville is French and means town or city, which means it is the main station (there can be others sometimes like in Dijon where there is Dijon Ville (main station) and Dijon Porte Neuve which is on the other side of Dijon).



Have a good trip!




|||



Thanks, makes perfect sense now. I went ahead and purchased both tickets. Thank you so much, I can rest easier now.




|||



The station%26#39;s full name is Gare Metz-Ville. Hope everythin goes OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment