Saturday, April 21, 2012

Travelling with a carnet ticket

Can each ticket be used all around the metro? or does it last only part of the journey. In other words out of the pack of 10 carnets, does each one act like a mobilis day pass, still trying to work my head round this, pls help will be travelling in a party of five and will be going into paris to see the sights over 2 days travelling from val d; Europe





Thanks for help anyone




|||



A carnet is a pack of 10 ordinary metro tickets. These can be used for any one journey on the metro (or the RER within the Peripherique), with an unlimited number of changes of line.





As soon as you exit from the metro/RER system, the ticket stops being valid and cannot be used for any more travel.




|||



I%26#39;m afraid I don%26#39;t know but just bumping this up to the top in the hope you get a reply from some one who can help




|||



Sorry, I am so daft - I thought I was on a forum not the main page D%26#39;oh




|||



Oh great1 thanks for that, so would the val d%26#39;europe from Disney area count as a RER within the Peripherique, or will I need a different ticket for this.





Thanks for the tip




|||



Thanks Keycamp, Chatham ? would this be up Kent way? was there for the first time yesterday, just over the queen elizabeth bridge. Small world eh!




|||



Disneyland is a long way outside the central zone, you will need a seperate ticket for this.




|||



Hey, yes Chatham is near the QE2 Bridge, or Dartofrd Tunnel as we tend to call both





It is indeed a small world =)




|||



I was just in Paris and you can leave the metro and use the ticket again if it is within a certain period of time which, I think, is 1 and 1/2 hours. I did it. You can also use it on a bus and then within that time frame, use it on the metro, I think.



Try it. If it doesn%26#39;t work(but I think it does), just use a new one.




|||



%26quot;I was just in Paris and you can leave the metro and use the ticket again if it is within a certain period of time which, I think, is 1 and 1/2 hours. I did it.%26quot;





Lucky you. It doesn%26#39;t generally work, and isn%26#39;t meant to, apart from RER-to-Métro interchanges where the ticket has to be re-inserted into a Métro ticket gate. One ticket for one journey is the rule, though changes between lines are allowed.





On buses and trams, you can use any number of buses and trams to complete a single journey, validating the same ticket on entry to each bus/tram, within an overall journey time of 90 minutes.





You can%26#39;t use a single ticket on both Métro/RER and bus/tram.




|||



We used nothing but carnet tickets (too thick to get into the pass thing). Took taxis to airport and back.





It also worked on the funicular up the hill at Montmartre. It was cost effective for us - we averaged two tickets per day per person.





Only problem was one place where none were being sold and my Capital One card that I had gone to such trouble assuring would work in Paris did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment