Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Need Some Advice

I have been trying to figure out where to stay in for my first trip to Paris in October. I am feeling a little stressed since I usually have my hotel booked this close to a trip. However, Paris has such wonderful areas to stay in and so many hotels to choose from it is making it difficult.





I am down to 2 (I think). I like the Hotel Ares Eiffel (#4 on TA) but I am wondering if it is too far away from all of the main sites. Will I spend to much time traveling to the more central areas? Is there a plentitude of cafes and shops in the area?





I also love the idea of staying on Ile St. Louis as it has a village like feel and is central to most things I want to see. However, they only hotel I really like is booked for a few days that we are there. That leaves renting an apartment there. Guestapartment.com has some that I like. Has anyone used them before? I am a little nervous about an apartment stay when I have never done it before in a city that I have never been too.





Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!




|||



You say the hotel on the Ile St. Louis is booked %26quot;for a few days%26quot; of your stay. If there are enough open days to make it worthwhile to move once during your stay, I%26#39;d go for the Ile St. Louis for as much of the time as you can book it. Staying there can make a great trip even more special.





I must say, you are a tough judge of hotels if you only found two in Paris that meet your standards! lol




|||



Lots of people like staying in the Eiffel Tower area - we decided it was too far west for us. It%26#39;s only an issue of getting on the metro, though. We%26#39;re middle-aged and wanted the central location.





We stayed in Latin Quarter and loved it - especially for the fact that it is filled with tourist-oriented conveniences. It was 5 minutes walk from Ile St Louis, where we went for cafés and ice cream, but we ended up really like San Germain des Pres area a lot.





Still - we plan to stay in the 5th again next time.




|||



PuntaLugano, I found way too many hotels that I liked. I was just trying to limit what I wanted to just 2 in two different areas. There are just limited hotels on Ile St. Louis. But I am nervous about apratment rentals. Thanks for the help though.




|||



Don%26#39;t know which hotel on the Ile St Louis was booked but have you looked at all 4 that are located there? Hotel de Lutece and Hotel Des Deux-Iles are sister hotels. Their website is www.paris-hotel-lutece.com. Also there%26#39;s the Hotel St Louis (couldn%26#39;t find a website but look them up on TA) as well as the Hotel Jeu de Paume which can be seen at www.jeudepaumehotel.com. Good luck!




|||



Hotel de Lutece was the one that I liked but it is sold out the first 2 nights for a double room. I like the look of the apartments more than the hotels on the island. But I like the convienence that hotels can provide to people who are unsure of a new city. That is why I am also looking into the Hotel Ares Eiffel. I like the look of their rooms, the reviews are great and it is close to the Eiffel Tower. I just don%26#39;t know if there are alot of cafes and/or stores in that area. Or how hard it is to get from that area to the more central area of Paris. Thanks again for everyone%26#39;s suggestions. I would love to hear more.




|||



Stay on the island, you wont regret it.





its all thats disucssed on here and more





Guestapartments are highly reputable.





T




|||



If your budget allows, do stay with Guestapartment.com in one of their Ile St. Louis apartments. They get very high marks here for their service.




|||



We loved St Germain, could not fault it.

No comments:

Post a Comment