Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ritz dress code

Hi, I will be visiting Paris in mid August with my husband and son (age 5) and daughter (age 9). We are going for 3 nights and will be staying at The Ritz. I know that you need to dress formally for dinner, but what do you need to wear for breakfast? We will be doing some sightseeing so I was wondering if you can wear jeans when walking in and out the hotel. Also does my 5 year old son need to wear a jacket and tie for dinner?





Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.




|||



Well in a previous post I heard that tuxes and long dresses are overkill at the Ritz.





Are you planning on eating every meal at the Ritz?




|||



We are planning on having breakfast and dinner at the Ritz. I was hoping it would be OK just to wear a nice top and trousers with heels to dinner, and my husband is will be bringing his suit. I am just a bit confused about dress code at breakfast at L%26#39;Espadon and around the hotel generally.




|||



They don%26#39;t have to wear jacket and tie for breakfast, just something neat and tidy looking will suffice. We are planning one nice, formal dinner in Paris, most likely at l%26#39; Espadon (Ritz), with our kids (14 and 11) and I am planning on bringing jacket and tie for my son. I think even a five year needs to wear jacket and tie. It will be worth the extra packing for such a special evening. Enjoy!!




|||



Ritz dress code = lots of money and no other requirements. I had a friend who did babysitting gigs there and she said that a lot of the customers were slobs.





She also enjoyed ordering room service for the kids she was watching and signing bills for 25€ for a simple fruit cocktail. She laughed all the way to the bank.




|||



I emailed Ritz Paris with my queries and recived a quick reply. They said that it is Ok to wear jeans in the hotel referring to it as %26#39;casual chic%26#39; but %26#39;jacket and tie%26#39; will be required in the restaurant. They also mentioned that my 5 year old son will not need to wear a jacket or tie.




|||



You should see the picture of Madonna and her kids coming out of the Ritz a couple of week ago! Not even the gypsies would get close to them and ask whether they spoke english.... But then lots of $$ and fame allow for the hobo look.




|||



Dear phynx.I went for a cup of tea in the Ritz in March. I was dressed casually jeans and teeshirt, casual jacket and scarf,(clean and smart enough, certainly not expensive or designer) Nobody turned a hair. I fitted in with most of the clients, after all most of them are on holiday.





Lucky you staying at the Ritz! hope you have a wonderful time.





Denise



love from Bolton.




|||



i have stayed at the ritz a few times and eat at the ritz even when staying at other hotels on ocassion.sport coat and tie or suit for lunch or dinner.kids not necessary but mine enjoy dressing up the few times a year they do.blue blazer and kakis for the boy defer to you on the daughter[i have 2 boys]i also love lunch on the terrace.i also insist you have a sitter for at least an hour so can have a cocktail at the hemingway bar.colin the barkeep is world famous.they also have an indoor pool where us ambassador meet her demise.pack the blazer,bathing suits and have a blast.after colin plys your husband with his famous cocktails go shopping on the place vendome for your jewelry!!!!




|||



Thank God for Grosse Pointe....




|||



Phynx



Y Alpha ++ you will look absolutely great there.



? For when son gets older a shirt opposite at Charvet ? - cost arm %26amp; leg but last for ever - I%26#39;ve one 1987 mode just come back into fashion! Epadon Very beautiful dining room second only to London Ritz . Shall get rocket from %26quot; Harrods %26quot; owner El Fayed for writing this !!





Interesting comments/prejudices - unlikly to see many gypsies in Place Vendome - caveat I may be bit out of date have n%26#39;t been there for 5 months





Happy hols



Regmaiche

No comments:

Post a Comment