Thursday, March 29, 2012

I have 3 apartment choices - please tell me what you think

Hi everyone,





As you know, I have exhausted my search for the perfect (although nothing is ever perfect - haha!) Paris apartment for hubby and I to celebrate our anniversary in June, 2010.





Please tell me what you think of these final choices. I appreciate all of the help my Trip Advisor friends have given me.







The first is an apartment thru %26quot;Paris Perfect%26quot; in the 7th. It has an Eiffel Tower view and airconditioning. Address is 43 Avenue Rapp.





parisperfect.com/apartments-for-rent-in-pari…









The 2nd apartment is thru %26quot;Haven in Paris%26quot; in the 6th - St. Germain. It is an apartment one the first floor in the back of the building so no street noise (I have already spoken to someone who stayed there and she said it is very quiet and she loved staying there). It has a private garden. The bedroom is located in a separate building. I don%26#39;t think it would be a problem for me. No airconditioning but they provide 2 fans. The address is 19 Rue du Vieux Colombier.





haveninparis.com/rental/VieuxColombier.php







And last, but not least, my 3rd choice is thru %26quot;Guest Apartment%26quot;. Is it located on Isle St. Louis. It is a large studio located on the 3rd floor overlooking the Seine. Quiet street with no businesses on the 1st floor. No airconditioning.



The address is 29 Quai de Bourbon.





guestapartment.com/properties/…asteri.html





Any comments about these properties would be greatly appreciated. Which would you choose?





Have a nice weekend!




|||



Okay, fwiw here%26#39;s what I think. I wouldn%26#39;t stay in the first one. It%26#39;s in the no man%26#39;s land of the 7th that is at least a half hour walk to a metro stop. I just looked on my Paris Par Arrondissements. I stayed in Psg de l%26#39;Union and it was 15 min to the nearest metro stop, Ecole Militaire. 45 Ave Rapp is quite a bit further than that. Either of the other two is terrific. I%26#39;d go with the one on Ile St. Louis, but that%26#39;s just me.




|||



I%26#39;d vote for the second one, the Haven in Paris apartment. The location, size and amenities are great.





The Guest Apartment one is a studio, so everything is just one big room. You%26#39;d have to make your bed everyday to keep the place looking neat. :-)




|||



Number 2..would be lovely to have a garden in June! The ISL apt has a bed which is really not well hidden in the living room..




|||



Per our private discussion, I like the haven in paris place since you have vetted that it is quiet...




|||



Second apartment would be my first choice.





I could not see your thirs choice but a great location....Ile St. Louis.





I agree with the other reply, that the first apartment would be a pain in the neck for getting around.




|||



My first choice would be the Haven in Paris apartment as it seems spacious and comfortable, not too expensive. The first apartment looks nice but seems high costing to me and also personally I like the St. Germain and Ile St. Louis areas more than the 7th. The Ile St. Louis apartment, however, is a studio, but the rate seems a little too high to me for a studio although I guess it%26#39;s because the agency is higher end and also for the location.




|||



Much as I enjoy dealing with Guest Apartment Services, that particular apartment leaves me cold. On the other hand, the Haven in Paris place looks delightful (as you are going at a time of year when the weather should be fairly stable and mild - I think the garden would be great, in summer, although making that trek would be a total drag in rain or cold). So - I agree that No. 2 would get my vote.





Have fun!




|||



I%26#39;d vote for number two-it looks so french. Also the location is great and not all those stairs to climb.




|||



This is so interesting! My daughter, young granddaughter, and I stayed at 21, rue du Vieux Colombier in April. In the Google picture, it is the pretty doorway to the right of the Longchamps store. I can%26#39;t figure out where the doorway to %26quot;your%26quot; apartment would be. Is it the blue door to the left of Longchamps?



We were on a courtyard, too; wonder if both places share the courtyard?





The location is just super; so close to most of the places I like to be in Paris, and the nearest metro is less than 2 minutes walk. Great patisserie so close, also, and all of St. Germain w/in easy walking. I don%26#39;t think you can go wrong with that place; walking outside to the bedroom is a bit of a negative but in June that should be fine. Actually, it would have worked for us in April, too; we had nice weather.





Our place was www.vrbo.com/58971





Good luck with making a decision!




|||



%26quot;I wouldn%26#39;t stay in the first one. It%26#39;s in the no man%26#39;s land of the 7th that is at least a half hour walk to a metro stop. %26quot;





There is no way that 43 ave Rapp is 1/2 hour to a metro station. It%26#39;s just about halfway between Ecole Militaire and the Pont de l%26#39;Alma RER station, and is no more than 500 meters from either. 10 minutes if you walk slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment