Thursday, March 29, 2012

From CDG to Avignon via Gare de Lyon?

I am new to TA. I have tried to read many postings on similar subjects. Still I am not sure what to do. Please help.





My flights lands at 12pm on Sept 15. at CDG terminal 3. I like to head to Avignon as soon as I land. I am considering the 15:16pm train from Paris Gare De lyon to Avignon (~25 euros).





1) Do you think I have enough time to catch the train?



2) Is the Air France shuttle the best way to get from CDG to Gare de Lyon?



3) From the french sncf site, at some point I was asked to choose among three Gare de Lyon stations, one of which is PER. Which is the right one?



4) Also I see two trains with the exact time schedule. One is TGV and the other is iDTGV. The price is slighly different. Does this make sense? Does it matter which one I choose?



5) There is a 17pm direct train (~45 euros) from CDG to Avignon. Should I simply stay at CDG for 5 hrs to avoid the pain?






|||



1. Yes if you aircraft arrives on time.





2. The AF shuttle is a good way to reach Gare de Lyon





3. For the purposes of travel to Avignon, there is only one Gare de Lyon.





4. iDTGV tickets are usually among the cheapest offered. They are only sold through the internet and you must print out your own boarding tickets. I see no reason not the take advantage of the iDTGV.





5. No one can answer this for you. If you have a high degree of confidence that your aircraft will arrive on time, the Gare de Lyon departure will get you to Avignon earlier and the corrresponding iDTGV fares are probably a bit cheaper than the fares from CDG.

No comments:

Post a Comment