Thursday, March 29, 2012

EU citizens under 26 at Paris Museums

I am visiting Paris in September, and as I am under 26 and an EU citizen I should be able to get free entry to some museums.





I was wondering, if there was a particular area to go to in order to collect the free ticket or do I just join the queues with everyone else?





Thank you for any help you give.






|||



Louvre has free for under 25 on Friday night.



Otherwise it is 18.




|||



The entrance fee is waived for those aged 18 to 26 showing a passport confirming European Union citizenship.





I should imagine you just show your passport at the ticket window.




|||



Hi,Bethand. I was in Paris 1-8 July with my son aged 20. We both have an EU passport. I used a museum pass - sometimes they let him in with me (special queue for museum passes) but most times, he had to queue in the normal queue and show his passport to get in. Have a great trip!




|||



Just passing by this thread and wanted to clarify something for my upcoming trip. Since I%26#39;m under 26 but a US citizen, I don%26#39;t get to take advantage of the free admission to the Louvre on Friday nights, correct?




|||



Bethand, on our previous trips to Paris my husband and I have mostly been able to prove our age with our UK driver%26#39;s licences (Notre Dame) - or haven%26#39;t even been asked (Catacombes)! But if you%26#39;re worried, just take your passport out with you to make extra sure you get the discount. You just queue up as normal and ask for a concession when you purchase your ticket.





clm113: that%26#39;s correct, it only applies to EU citizens, I am afraid.




|||



Thank you everyone for your help.




|||



We just got back yesterday. My daughter used the free entry in museums and Notre Dame tower. It was really great as we could afford to go in as a family, if not it gets very expensive.





She had to queue up with everyone for the Notre Dame Tower and the Orangerie Museum, she had to be given a ticket showing that she had not paid. At the Louvre we were rushing in at the end and she just showed her passport to the ticket collector. I didn%26#39;t go to the Pompidou so not sure what happened (and I am sorry that I had to miss it, they really thought it was interesting).





For the private companies - the Eiffel tower, The canal trip and the Montparnasse Tower she had to pay, but at a reduced rate.





Take your passport, choose the places that are free, and take advantage of the opportunity. I am sure that you will find better (ie more affordable) shopping in the UK, so you might as well not spend so long in the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment