Tuesday, March 27, 2012

RER B fr CDG airport to station nearest Gobelins Metro?

Using RER B from CDG airport, what station should I exit to Comfort Hotel Cardinal Rive Gauche, 20-22 Rue Pascal, M:Gobelins? Should I exit at Denfert-Rocherau andwalk back or what RER B station connects with Metro Line 7 to Gobelins exit?




|||



You can take RER B to Chatelet les Halles, then transfer to metro line 7. I have never done this connection, but I do know that many transfers at Chatelet involve a lot of walking. Maybe some experts can advise more on this.





I think it%26#39;s too far to walk with bags - about 1.3km.




|||



....that%26#39;s the distance from Denfert Rochereau to your hotel, not the transfer at Chatelet!!




|||



The transfer from the RER-B to métro line-7 at Chatelet is absolutely the longest and most confusing transfer you can do at this huge station. If it were me (especially if I had heavy luggage) I%26#39;d transfer from the RER-B to métro line-5 at Gare du Nord and get off at the Campo-Formio stop. Its a few blocks at street level to the hotel but much less tortuous than the stairs, moving beltways and poor signage of the line-7 Chatelet transfer.



Transfers from the RER to métro lines 7 %26amp; 11 are to be avoided at Chatelet.




|||



OK, I%26#39;m thinking about the route, I still think the transfer at Chatelet may be hazardous to your health, but there%26#39;s one more option that may work. RER-B to Port-Royal and walking from there at street level to the hotel. If you have a map, it%26#39;s only 10-15 minutes walk and the station has escalators to street level.




|||



as an alternative, is there an air france bus I could take to get to/near the hotel?




|||



How about Roissybus to Opera, then your metro line 7 to your stop at Gobelins? Roissybus costs the same as the RER (much cheaper than Air France), and then one metro ticket to get to your stop.





You%26#39;ll take M line 7 %26quot;direction%26quot; Villejuif-Louis Aragon / Mairie d%26#39;Ivry, by the way.




|||



Travelnutty%26#39;s suggestion is the one that sprang to my mind when I saw your itinerary. If you want to walk as little as possible, it%26#39;s the best one. Otherwise, RER B all the way to Port-Royal is a good bet. With bus 91 on top to bring to rue Pascal, it%26#39;s even better!




|||



I really appreciate the suggestions. thank you.





a few more questions.





We will have 2 small carryons and small backpacks.





RER B to Gard du Nord and transfer to metro: How busy is the metro on a Thursday morning at about 8AM/0800 hours?





RER B to Port Royal: Is there an escalator to street level? How many blocks or walking distance is it from that exit to the hotel?





How does that compare with the walk from Gobelins? Is there an escalator to street level?





Roissybus: Where do I go at the airport to get this? How much does it cost? Do I need Euro coins or can I use bills?




|||



RER B to Gare du Nord and transfer to metro: How busy is the metro on a Thursday morning at about 8AM/0800 hours? :



Very busy, except if it%26#39;s in August.





RER B to Port Royal: Is there an escalator to street level?



There is.





How many blocks or walking distance is it from that exit to the hotel?



Just open your best map / look it up on viamichelin.fr, my friend, we are not going to tuck you in!





How does that compare with the walk from Gobelins?



Ditto





Is there an escalator to street level?



There is.





Roissybus: Where do I go at the airport to get this?



As expected, it%26#39;s signposted





How much does it cost?



€8.90





Do I need Euro coins or can I use bills?



Bills are OK, but sometimes the driver can run out of change.




|||



many thanks for the assistance to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment