Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paris Day Tours

Hi, I%26#39;ll be in Paris for one day in November and I%26#39;m wondering what are my options for day tours departing from the Gare Du Nord? I%26#39;m arriving about 11am on the Eurostar. I depart at 5pm.





I would like to see Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees etc.





Thank you




|||



I am understanding that you arrive at Gare du Nord at 11 am and your train departs from Gare du Nord at 5. Is this correct? That would give you about 5 1/2 hours for lunch and to sightsee.





Will you have luggage? If so you would need to store it or use a taxi or find a tour with room for luggage.





Others may have better answers, but my only experience would be by Metro, without luggage.





At Gare du Nord, take RER B towards town and get off at St Michele Notre Dame. View Notre Dame (and possibly St. chappelle) and buy ice cream at Ile St. Louis.





Then get on RER C heading east to Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel stop to see the Eiffel Tower. In November you might even have time to go up, though the lines are often long.





Then take Metro 6 direction Charles de Gaulle Etoile to the Arc de Triomphe. Much faster to go climb here than at the Eiffel Tower, almost never a line.





Walk down the Champs Elysee. If you are energetic and haven%26#39;t climbed too much you might make it to the Chatelet RER station just past the Louvre (walk through the courtyards). Take RER B or D north to Gare du Nord. If you ran out of time/energy before that, just take Metro line 1 direction Chateau de Vincennes and transfer at Chatelet as above.





Be sure you have a good map of Paris with a good Metro map with you.




|||



I won%26#39;t have any luggage.





I was told about a Hop on Hop Off Bus tour. Does that leave from Gare du Nord as well?




|||



With such a short stay I would spend as little time as possible in the metro.





What you want is as much %26quot;over-the-ground%26quot; time as possible.





I am not sure where these tour busses run in November (as the weather may be awful) - but if they do, that%26#39;s what I would take.





city-discovery.com/paris/hop_on_and_off_tours




|||



This is the website. Yes, it seems that they run in the winter season too.





http://www.parislopentour.com/





The yellow tour %26quot;Montmartre-Grands Boulevards%26quot; stops at Gare du Nord, it seems. Departure every ½ hour, in the winter season, first bus 09:30.








|||



I do wish the TA technicians would soon create a %26quot;modify%26quot; function !!





What you would like, I think, is what they call the Paris Grand Tour (the green line). You can change lines at Opéra from the yellow line to the green line. That will take you past all the biggies.




|||



yes the Paris Grand Tour sounds just about right for the attractions I would like to see.





So your saying the Grand Tour doesn%26#39;t stop at Gare Du Nord, but if I switch from yellow to green at Opera I can?




|||



?

No comments:

Post a Comment