Thursday, March 29, 2012

France Itinerary

I%26#39;m visiting France with a friend in Sept 3-15.





My tentative itinerary is:





Paris: 3 nights



Lyon: 3 nights



Avignon: 3 nights



Strausbourg: 2 nights





Note that I%26#39;ve spent a week in Paris before and hit most of the major sites with a side trip to Versailles. My major concern is if I%26#39;m giving myself enough time to explore without feeling rushed, and if these are the best cities to visit by rail...I%26#39;ve left a day open just in case we need more time. Thanks in advance for any insight.




|||



It looks perfectly do-able and wold give more than just a taste of the cities. The only leg that is less than completely straightforward is Avignon-Strasbourg. You would probably have to return to Lyon and change trains. You can find timetables and make bookings on www.voyages-sncf.com



Avignon itself can be %26quot;done%26quot; in a day (it is much smaller than the other places on your list) but it is easy to get to other places such as Arles and Nimes from there by train.




|||



After Paris go to Strasbourg first, then Lyon, then Avignon and back to Paris.




|||



Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking Avignon for 3 days with a couple of day trips...and now I%26#39;m considering going to Lyon first from the airport.




|||



I%26#39;ll definitely consider it, I also was thinking about Lyon first and ending in Paris, I want to be in cities with good nightlife in the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment