Friday, March 23, 2012

Safety in Montpellier

Hi Everyone,





I am off to Montpellier tomorrow and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I went to the city last year for 4 days and loved it. I have young children who like going to the beach and running around a lot but myself and my husband like lively cities and eating out so it seemed ideal. This time we are staying for 2 weeks as we didn%26#39;t feel we had enough time last visit as with young children like ours it%26#39;s difficult to do more than one thing in a day! This time my parents are coming as well.





I have been looking on the internet and came across some forums where people have mentioned that the city was not safe and locals unfriendly and dog poo everywhere. Not something I picked up on last time! I wondered if anyone could tell me if it is safe to wander round the city in the evening. Last time i seemed to remember seeing lots of families out till quite late. I am staying in the Antigone area and we took the tram to place de la comedie last time. Also are there any areas to avoid? Being with young and old people I don%26#39;t want to compromise anyone%26#39;s safety! I wondered if anything had changed since last year as we found the locals friendly and felt quite safe.





Thanks in advance,



Monica




|||



Like most cities, some parts are better than others.However, I don%26#39;t see it as overly dangerous.





I suggest you email Bart ( bcalendar@aim.com ) direct for individual area advice.





His local blog is listed here : the-languedoc-page.com/articles/languedoc-ar… and there are others that may be useful.





Bonne chance







Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment