Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Please need help - perfect apartment in best neighborhoood

Okay, I have posted so many messages on trying to plan the perfect 5 year wedding anniversary in Paris for late June, 2010. So here I go again.





This trip will be for hubby and myself. We are both 50ish. I have been to Paris two times - both times staying at Hotel de L%26#39;Abbaye in Saint Germain.





My husband has NEVER been to Paris. We are looking to rent an apartment for 7 days. We will spend up to $3,000 US dollars for the week. Looking for something very nice.





We are very much leaning towards renting a %26quot;Paris Perfect%26quot; apartment in the 7th but am still looking for other recommendations.





Love the 6th - St. Germain - any recommendations for very nice one bedrooms apartments in this area?





Also, Ile Saint Louis seems to get rave reviews - Any thoughts on this area? Any apartment or agency recommendations?





We want to be able to have a great time during the day and early evenings but we need to get our sleep at night so we do not want anything crazy busy with a lot of noise during the night time hours.





Any thoughts and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated





Thanks.!




|||



We rented an apartment in the 7th. Very nice and charming and also quiet. It is in the Champ de Mars apartments. The rent was 2900 euros, so it might be over your budget. We loved it. Check out vrbo.com, 84660. It%26#39;s 2 blocks from Rue Cler market. Good luck.




|||



Check out Guest Apartment Service (www.guestapartment.com), which has several really lovely high-end apartments, mostly on Ile St Louis. If you do a search on this forum for Guest Apartment Service, you will get lots of very positive feedback about the agency, the apartments, and Ile St Louis (which personally is my favorite area to stay when renting an apartment in Paris).





Have a really great time!




|||



You might look at www.parisianflat.com. They have some beautiful apartments in the 6th. I ran across their site when looking for my last trip. Out of my budget, but they look wonderful.




|||



I would also expand to look at apartments on Ile Saint Louis and parts of Le Marais (rue Vieille-du-Temple to rue tournelles [just past place des Vosges) and from rue poitou to just south of rue des francs bourgeois). For sites direct from owner, browse





http://www.vrbo.com and http://www.flipkey.com





along with this agency





http://www.haveninparis.com





which has some nice luxury places. Make sure to look through the photos and talk to some of the previous clients too.





A friend of ours, who does remodeling in Paris, recently redid this place in St. Germain





www.franceforrent.com/four/images.shtml





Also, I have friend in San Francisco who has a nice place on Ile Saint Louis and I%26#39;m not sure what site he lists it on but it is well done and has A/C. If you want, you can send me a private note and I can send you his information since I don%26#39;t want to post his email here.




|||



I%26#39;ve only been to Paris once so am not an expert on the various neighborhoods or apartments. But I did stay in a Paris Perfect apartment and it was everything I could have hoped for, and more. Our family especially enjoyed the great view of the Eiffel Tower. We watched it all the time, and the view at night was spectacular. Our apartment was convenient to things and quiet at night, but the view is what really made it for me.




|||



I second guestapartment.com. They will have the perfect apartment for you. And, if any are available, do stay on Ile St. Louis. You will have an anniversary you won%26#39;t ever forget. Happy Anniversary and Happy Travels!




|||



If you stay on Ile Saint Louis, make sure to choose an apartment with a nice view. At your budget, you should definitely be able to get that.




|||



Thank you to everyone for all of you terrific recommendations.





I am now leaning towards staying on Isle St. Louis. I have been on the phone talking a a very helpful gentleman at guestapartment.com.





Looking for a very nice apartment, great location but also want to get a quiet night%26#39;s sleep.




|||



In my experience, Ile St Louis is very quiet after about 7:00 or so. The only exception is, if you are staying on the outer edge of the island (one of the apartments overlooking the Seine), the tour boats (with commentary over loudspeakers, and also klieg lights) go by every 15 or 20 minutes until about 11:00 p.m. We never found that to be problematic, as we don%26#39;t go to bed that early anyway, but it%26#39;s a piece of information to have when selecting an apartment.




|||



I stayed on Ile St Louis for almost two weeks in June in an apartment. The island was a really great place to stay in that it is central to Paris and easy to find your way back to, and it has a very nice neighborhood feel to it. I was sorry that my apartment was on the outer part of the island because highway noise came across the river and made the apartment an uncomfortable place to be. Plus, the tour boats that come around in the evenings are invasive. I would recommend staying on the inner street of the island. A good view is not worth the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment