Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TGV - CDG connection

My flight to the US leaves at 12pm and my train from Angoulene arrives at 9:42am - Is that enough time to make the connection? That%26#39;s the earliest train I have found.




|||



Is your train arriving at CDG ?



It should be ok if all works fast inside airport.




|||



absolutely not -- you lose thousands if you miss your flight -- rebooking one way is incredibly expensive





it is foolish to have a close high stakes connection -- what if the train is an hour late (A Thallys I was on once was 5 hours late into Paris)





and CDG often takes 3 hours to make it through the lines to the plane





if the TGV arrives AT CDG and is on time and everything goes perfectly, you are good -- but I wouldn%26#39;t stake that much money on a tight connection like that





come in the day before




|||



I would never try to do that. I make connections from Angouleme regularly, but I have resigned myself to going up the evening before and staying at one of the airport hotels.





Even once you arrive at the TGV station in CDG, you will have to make your way from the train to your terminal (if in Terminal 2, allow at least 20 minutes if you really hustle, and longer if that%26#39;s not possible, e.g., large bags to navigate etc.). If not leaving from Terminal 2, allow even longer because you will need to find and take a shuttle to the right terminal.





You will be expected to be on the plane about 30 minutes before departure, and the lines to get through security (especially in the summer), not to mention just checking in, can be very long and slow in mid to late morning. I just think the risk of not making your plane is too great, as one of the responses above warns.




|||



Thanks - I was trying to talk myself out of attempting it anyway - I just didn%26#39;t want to leave Friday evening - It would only take one delay anywhere and we would miss the flight to CLT - We have kicked around getting as late a train we could and just hanging out in the terminal - But we probably will leave my daughter%26#39;s house Friday afternoon and stay at a hotel at the airport -

No comments:

Post a Comment