Saturday, April 21, 2012

From Lucerne to France. Where to stop and rent car?

From Lucerne, I%26#39;d like to cross into France and rent a car to drive to Évian-les-Bains %26gt; Yvoire %26gt; Lyon.





My question is, if I take the rail from Lucerne, where should I stop? Which town/city is the best for me to stop in France to rent a car which I can take a short drive to Évian-les-Bains and continue right up to Lyon?





By looking at the map, I can only think of Geneva because it is very near Évian-les-Bains. However Geneva is still in Switzerland and I think maybe renting a car from Geneva and returning it in Lyon might be costly because it%26#39;s different country.





Any advice?




|||



You could stop in Lausanne and take a boat from Lausanne to Evian.



See www.cgn.ch for timetable.




|||



International 1-way rental is very expensive. Pick up your car in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment