Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mont Ventoux from Avignon

Hiya





Any ideas how I would get to Mont Ventoux to watch this year%26#39;s Tour from Avignon?





Is there a bus or train?





I%26#39;m getting the train from London and won%26#39;t be taking my bike.





Actually, does anyone know how far it is, as it might be worth taking my bike.





Cheers





ANNE




|||



Hi





After posting this I then saw another post with the same question so I now have lots of info on how to get from A to B. Thanks everyone who replied to the other post, it was very helpful.





One question though, how far is it to cycle from Avignon to Bedoin?





Thanks





ANNE




|||





The most direct route (from place de l%26#39;horloge avignon) to centre Bedoin is 40 kms. Depending upon the time of day, you could encounter huge amounts of traffic - the entire distance.








|||



Thanks, I%26#39;ll think about it :-) It doesn%26#39;t sound like the most pleasant of trips on a bike.




|||





Considering it is 36 degrees here today (in the shade), I would think it could be very hard on a body.





The most direct route is now filled with traffic. Even the side roads are chocker full. Just my simple trip from Bedoin, this morning, to Carpentras was hellacious. Thought someone must have transported me to Los Angeles and changed the scenery.





Caravans are already lining the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment