Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Regarding the last day of Le Tour de France

Hello all,





First time going to Paris to enjoy the last day of the Tour de France. My question is, are there any events following the end of the tour where the teams are available to mingle / chat? What type%26#39;s of celebrations take place etc..?





Thanks in advance, I%26#39;m really looking forward to visiting France as I%26#39;ve read great reviews and have had many people relay personal experiences to me.






|||



I have seem the Tour arriving in Paris many times but frankly do not know of anyone who has been to any party. I would imagine that after the interviews, everybody is ready to retire.



As you know bikers do 8 loops in Paris before final sprint. Best is to be on Champs Elysees but with security it is not that easy to go there and be well positioned. I watched last time from rue de Rivoli by Tuileries gardens. An other good spot is place des Pyramides as they come out of the tunnel and turn left on rue de Rivoli. You can also book your afternoon on the Ferrys wheel and see it all from up there!




|||



Thank you la_photographe,





I do agree that the riders are probably ready to head home after the tour.



I think I will try %26quot;Bike about tours%26quot; they have had fabulous reviews and it looks like a nice pace for sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment