Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Food, Drink, Backpacks allowed in Museums, Versailles?

We generally carry some small snacks and water in our backpacks when travelling, and sometimes pack food for a picnic lunch or dinner. I am guessing that backpacks need to be checked in a coat/baggage room at museums, but is it OK to have food and drink in them. We traveled in Europe a lot 10-12 years ago and never had an issue with this. We were recently at the Art Institute in Chicago, however, and they were very strict about no food or drink (even small water bottle) allowed anywhere in the museum, even in a backpack in the coat/baggage room.





What are the rules for backpacks, food, and drink at the major museums in Paris and at Versailles. We will probably do a good part of a day at Versailles so it would be nice to be able to bring along some of our own food. Thanks.




|||



I just returened from Paris and Versailles. I did not carry any food with me to museums but I did sometimes carry a bottle of water and always had my bag checkd. My bottle of water did not get taken away except at Versailles. I did see them making people leave any food or water bottles they had when we sent through the security check into the Palace. Somewhere they do have a room that you can leave unauthorized items in - such as food. If you have a small backpack I saw many people with backpacks, but they do go through it and if there is food or drinks you will have to throw them out at Versailles. I%26#39;m pretty sure at almost every museum we went to there where sings that said no food and no flash photography. I think if you look on line at the location%26#39;s map you can see if they have baggage areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment