Tuesday, April 24, 2012

another trip report :)

Just got back last night and wanted to share some of my experiences. I was in Paris for 3 days at the end of a river cruise on the Rhone. I booked the Hotel Duo through booking.com and loved the hotel and the location. It is 1 block from the Hotel d%26#39;Ville and very clean and modern. The staff was friendly and helpful.



I climbed Notre Dam and took Tripadvisor advice and arrived at 9am for the 10am opening. I was 2nd in line. By 10, the line was VERY long. I was able to climb it, view it and be done by 10:45am. It was as great as everyone said it would be! You don%26#39;t need a ticket in advance. You buy the ticket after they open the gate which is around to the left side as you face the cathedral.



I went back to Angelina%26#39;s for hot chocalate which in my opinion is worth it! I think it is unbelievable!



I took the Fat Tire bike tour to Giverny. It was an easy ride, lots of fun and beautiful. You can easily do it on your own, by buying a train ticket and renting a bike, but to me it was worth the extra money to do it with a group of people. Andrew was our guide and he was really fun and had lots of interesting information which brought everything to life.



I ate at Relais d la Entrecote on Rue Marbeuf and thought it was very good. It was packed when we left, but we got therw around 7:30 and got a table right away.



Still haven%26#39;t made it to Pere LaChaise Cemetary or Chez Janou restaurant, so I have to go back as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment