Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Urgent: From Clermont to nearby Countries

I intend to stay in Clermont for a month but I want to go to other countries in the weekend (especially Barcelona in Spain, Roma in Italy ,Amsterdam in NL ,Geneva in Swiss.) but I have no idea if there is an international train or bus station there or not So please help and tell me how could I move around, should I go to Paris or Lyon for example then from there go to other countries or could I preferably go from Clermont to other countries. Thank you and please reply as soon as you can. (Also please write the average prices of those trips if you know and tell me any site that would be helpful, thank you)




|||



There is a railway station in Clermont Ferrand but although there is a network of local lnes, it is not well situated for the journeys you have in mind. There are services to Paris and Lyon. You could get to Geneva by changing trains in Lyon and the journey would take about half a day. For times see www.voyages-sncf.com and click the Horaires Seules button.



For the other destinations for a weekend you would probably have fly. Thre is an airport at Clermont but to use that I think you woud have to change at Paris Orly. It might be easier to use Lyon Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment