Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rue de Cardinal Lemoine, paris

What do you think of this street? I am considering renting an apartment, #18 Rue de Cardinal Lemoine and wonder what the neighborhood is like. thanks.




|||





The best thing to do is go to http://maps.google.com





Type in the address. Then use the small yellow human figure above the zoom controls... drag and drop it onto your location. You will now be in Streetview mode and can see what%26#39;s on the street and in the neighbourhood by using the arrows. You can really get a good idea for yourself.





Have a look:





http://tinyurl.com/lmbaj6





Rob




|||



We really like this area. It is a little hilly so be prepared for that. For a first timer seeking to see see the major tourist attractions it is a little out of the way. We will be staying in a hotel there in October.




|||



I agree with the other posters. It is a little out of the way from the major attractions but very close to the Seine and within 10-15 minutes you can be at Notre Dame, Ile-Saint-Louis, etc.. The university is rather close so there are a lot of students around during school season. The Jardin des Plantes is nearby which is very nice. If your budget doesn%26#39;t let you stay in Le Marais, Saint-Germain, etc. then I think this is a good choice if the apartment is nice.




|||



I like the area too. Not too far from rue Mouffetard if you like that sort of thing. But i especially loved finding the Jardins des Plantes, which I didn%26#39;t even know existed until I went exploring and literally stumbled on to it...what a treat!




|||



I agree with the others that this is a nice area. I just wanted to point out that the street address is at the bottom of rue Cardinal Lemoine (which climbs up hill as you go south, away from the Seine.) It%26#39;s right off of Blvd St Germain and only a few minutes from the Seine and l%26#39;Isle St Louis. If you do stay there, I highly recommend Eric Kayser close by on rue Monge for fabulous bread and other bakery goods (I didn%26#39;t have them, but I heard they make a killer chocolate chip cookie. It%26#39;s among the best bread that Paris has to offer.




|||



I agree with the others who said they like the area. It has a nice neighborhood atmosphere and is close in walking to the Rue Mouffetard which is good for the various shops and outdoor market.




|||



I almost booked an apartment here and I was happy I didn%26#39;t. I didn%26#39;t like the neighborhood as much as the others. This is just my opinion. I rented on the Ile de la Cite and was SO happy I did. I really enjoyed the St. Louis/Cite area more than that area.





However, Paris has the BEST metro system ever and as long as you are near one...you are fine. You can go where ever you want in a matter of minutes.




|||



that is so cool and helpful too. thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment