Tuesday, April 17, 2012

16 days before departure...who's counting!?! Trip plan

I will embark on a fabulous journey leaving August 7th and I can hardly wait!





For my 40th birthday, arrive Paris!





Hotel Regina - eiffel tower view/balcony!



Lunch at Jules Verne on my acutal birthday!



Dinner at Le Train Bleu...and some other noteworthy steak spots.





Versailles. Ahhhh Versailles.





Then a train ride to Avignon, pick up car.





4 nights at Les Carmes (stunning Inn in Provence)



Lot of Chateauneuf du Pape tastings scheduled/ market day St. Remy/ Pope Palace et.





3 nights Sarlat - Les Cordeliers in walled city. Eat fois gras...canoe. eat.





4 nights Bordeaux - Reservations at Pichon Baron, Rothschild, M. Chapoutier, Clos Des Papes, Paul Jaboulet, Lascombes, and Lynch Bages to name a few...





Dinner at La Tupina and maybe Cordellies Bages...





Back to Paris - Hotel d%26#39;Aubusson (St. Germain) Deluxe canopy room for three nights.





I%26#39;m excited, I feel ready and have tried dotting every i without losing the natural ebb %26amp; flow of what makes a great vacation.





I hope to be able to report wonderful things upon our return.





Bon Voyage!





J




|||



I can share your excitement . 15 days to go !!!!!! Happy travels to anyone who%26#39;s going soon.




|||



17 sleeps for us before our 11 week European adventure!!




|||



I too can%26#39;t wait only 42 more days...have a fantastic time...




|||



6th visit for us and we will be there Friday 31st.



Happy travels to all :-)




|||



Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing your excitement...we are so fortunate indeed! I sit at my desk and think wow, in 16 days I will be eating in France!





BTW, out of curiosity, is anyone currenly on a %26quot;detox%26quot; eating plan in preparation for all the cheese and wine to come?? I%26#39;m trying to stay off cheese and keep it relatively light before I gorge myself through the countryside...




|||



Have a fantastic time - it sounds wonderful! I just got back in May - no means to go anytime soon so I certainly hope you write a report when you get back - I LOVE reading them!





Bon voyage!!




|||



It is 57 days, 18 hours, 54 minutes until we leave on our honeymoon!! I keep getting in trouble from my fiancee because she thinks I care more about the honeymoon than the wedding itself!





That%26#39;s because I%26#39;ve been to Paris before and she never has.




|||



Here%26#39;s a link to a fun website for counting down the days until a trip www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcount.html




|||



Thanks for the link to timeanddate.com. What a great idea - I especially love the seconds




|||



What a thrilling adventure! We%26#39;re planning to again next July or August - but I sure wish I knew my actual countdown date.

No comments:

Post a Comment