Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Escargot?

I am somewhat interested in trying escargot while I%26#39;m in Paris - I say somewhat because I%26#39;m not willing to shell out a fortune for it...or go searching for it. That being said, does anyone know a good place for it? If I come across a recommended place I may stop in....





Any other thoughts on the topic are welcome of course.




|||



There is a restaurant called L%26#39;Escargot in Rue Montorgueil.




|||



Some of the best escargot we%26#39;ve ever tasted was at %26quot;Au Bistro%26quot; at 8 Rue du Marche Saint-Honoré. near the the Place du Marche Saint-Honoré. They serve them in a hollowed-out baked potato in a parsley, butter and garlic sauce. We thought they were just trying to be original with the baked potato but we found out that it%26quot;s actually an ancient style from the Bordeaux region in the south.




|||



You will find many restaurants in Paris serve escargots for an entrée (starter) or a plat (main course). They are really very common. I%26#39;d go with one of the two previous recommendations, but I have to say I%26#39;ve never had bad escargot in Paris. Served with good bread to sop up the garlicky butter...mmm I%26#39;m making myself hungry :)




|||



They%26#39;re pretty commonly available and not particularly expensive... They won%26#39;t be more expensive than any other starter on the menu.





I%26#39;m a big fan although it is mostly about the sauce.





J




|||



Le Comptoir du 7e, La Motte-Picquet street in the 7th.





La Fontaine de Mars, St-Dominique street in the 7th.





Very good!





Like Happpy Goin et normalyguy said, you will find it in many restaurants.





Bon appétit!




|||



The Chez Papa chain has some of the cheapest and best snails in Paris.





www.chezpapa.info




|||



Oops, that was www.chez-papa.info




|||



Thank you every one for the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment